Thursday, October 21, 2010

Finland IS the Arctic Circle


My latest adventure was to the wonderful winter wonderland of Finland to see one of my closest friends, Miss Mia. Mia was an exchange student at Basic High School and one of the coolest people I know! We would always joke in high school that I would go and visit her in Finland, and guess what, I DID!



Finland was amazing! Mia had told me that the weather was going to be the same as England, but maybe a little colder, in Finland. But when I first landed, it was snowing! It was the first snow of the season, and of course it would happen right when I get there. But it was absolutely wonderful! We went to Mia's apartment and rested up for the next day! 






We explored Helsinki and saw the United Nation Bears (pictured below).







Then on Friday night we went to Mia's dad and stepmom's house for dinner. It was amazing and they are such wonderful people!



Saturday was a day full of excitement! We went to Mia's home town and her childhood home. Then all of Mia's friends came over so we could all get to know each other before going out for a night on the town in Helsinki! Mia has some of the best friends ever!








Sunday we had a day of relaxation and then went to the light carnival!







Then, of course, we had to SAUNA! (P.S. Dad and Mom, we are getting one of these!)


I had the best time! I can't wait to go back to Finland for Christmas for some great times and great company!




Dublin this weekend.....

Until then! 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment