Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jet Planes, Security, and Internet Drama

Hello All!

This is my first post since... well..... ever, but I am officially at the University of Nottingham in Nottingham, UK. We got here a couple of hours ago, after many many.....MANY hours on planes, buses, and of course, lines. Lots of lines, but we all made it alive! I made a ton of new friends at the airport, all because apparently there is some fugitive out there that shares my name, and the metal detector didn't like my bobby pins. But it is all good. Internet was definitely a challenge to upload and get everyone settled. What really stinks is the fact that we are in temporary housing until Saturday, so we can say HELLO to living out of a suitcase. The rooms are 'quaint', for lack of a better word. Definitely smaller than Linfield's rooms, but we have all the comforts we need to get by. Dinner is soon and we are planning on traveling to town tomorrow to be slowly, but surely, reacquainted to the cellular society and other 'forgotten' products. Oh, and I need a new charger for my camera, because I forgot it at home. Well I didn't really forget it, I just assumed that plugging my camera into my computer would charge it, like those fancy Ipods. Well lesson learned that it doesn't.... and the sad thing is that my camera is completely dead. Go me right? So until then...please use your imaginations of what you think England looks like. I'll try to snag some pictures from other folks until I get a chance to find a charger.

Until next time....

:)

4 comments:

  1. I know what it looks like!!
    Love Big Bruddah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't need bobby pins with that sexy hair-do I scored you!
    LOVE YA! Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby pins?! We thought you left them all here since we are finding them everywhere. Haven't you checked out the pub yet? I thought that was the point of going! Miss you already!
    Love, Mom & Dad.....Cali loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha you guys.... I miss all of you! Check here often, I'll try to post a ton! Hopefully I'll find some pictures for you guys!

    ReplyDelete